Joan Stewart, the Publicity Hound, started a conversation the other day to help people get to know her better. In her blog post, “5 more things you don’t know about me,” she shares some little known facts about herself.
She reminds us that we are relationship-oriented. We like to know tidbits about each other and we love finding out things we have in common. So in an effort to join in the conversation, I thought I would share a few things you may not know about me. Here goes:
1. I competed in the Miss Florida Pageant twice: in 1985 as Miss Heart of Florida and in 1988 as Miss B.P.O.E. (Benevolent Protective Order of Elks). I didn’t win the title of Miss Florida but I was one of six lucky girls chosen to serve as a member of the Miss Florida USO Troupe.
2. When I was a young girl, I used to have a crush on Donny Osmond and would listen to his album, Superstar, for hours.
3. My least favorite job was selling bridal gowns at a bridal shop. I worked there for six weeks and then I quit.
4. My most unusual job was dressing up in a Baby Shamu costume and parading around the park at Sea World of Florida.
5. I don’t like strawberries.
Now tell me something I don’t know about you.