When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing more comforting to eat than a homemade chicken pot pie. You can have dinner ready and on the table in less than an hour with this quick and easy recipe.
What you’ll need:
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 cans Campbell’s cream of potato soup
- 1 15 oz. can mixed vegetables, drained (I use Veg-All)
- 1/2 cup milk (I use skim milk)
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1-2 lbs. cooked chicken (diced or cut into bite-size pieces)
- Optional: thawed green peas or other frozen vegetable (I add 1/2 cup of sweet peas and 1/4 cup of sweet corn)
Unroll one pie shell crust into a glass pie plate. Mix all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and then spoon into pie plate. Cover ingredients with top pie shell crust. Create four vents into the top of the pie crust with a sharp knife. Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Enjoy!