- 1 lb. jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 6 large scallions, finely chopped
- ½ medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Duke’s Real Mayonnaise)
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- olive oil for frying
- bread crumbs for dredging
In a large bowl, mix together the crab meat, scallions, celery and green peppers. Fold the mayonnaise and combine well. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place in the fridge to chill.
In a sautee pan, pour enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan and heat until hot. On a plate, sprinkle enough bread crumbs to coat the bottom. Using a spoon and your hands, divide the crab mixture into six patties. Dredge in the bread crumbs, shake off excess; discard any leftover crumbs. Fry the crab cakes in the pan for about three minutes until they turn golden, then turn and cook on the other side for three minutes more. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot. Makes six crab cakes.