It’s Super Bowl Sunday, and you know what that means. It’s party time! But that’s no excuse to forget your manners if you’re planning to watch the big game with friends and family.
- Never come to a Super Bowl party empty handed.
- Speak to your host in advance to find out what you can bring.
- Smile and be a gracious guest. Don’t show up to the party early and don’t be the last to leave.
- Don’t eat in line. Serve yourself then take your plate to your seat.
- If you touch something on the buffet, take it.
- Don’t double-dip.
- Clean up after yourself. No one likes to tiptoe around a mess.
- Pace your alcohol consumption and don’t get sloppy drunk.
- Refrain from using offensive or fowl language.
- Remember to call or send your host a handwritten thank-you note.
- Offer to help the host clean up at the end of the evening.
- Try not to talk off topic. Be mindful of those who want to watch the game.
- Be polite and respectful to guests rooting for the opposing team. It’s only a game after all.
Many thanks to the following friends who took the time to share their tips:
Gina DeLapa, John Daly, Tim Lawhorn, Gloria Auth, Jennifer Richardson, Megan Glass, Susie Dishman Verdier, Maryanne Parker and Michelle Donatto.